Reijmyre glass factory | Landborg Gallery

Reijmyre glass factory

The factory was opened in 1810 and it is the only glass factory outside the county of Småland that is still active. During the 1800-ies a large variety of every day glass was produced, but also some engraved glass. Blowing and pressing glass in iron molds was introduced early on. However, times grew worse and the factory was closed in the 1920-ies but  re-opened in 1932.

The artist Monica Bratt gave Reijmyre a revival during the 1940-ies and 50-ies with her popular colored glass. After some further difficult periods Reijmyre is once more in stability. Designers working at Reijmyre during later years are among others Margareta Hennix, Berit Johansson, Ernst Billgren. 

Copyright Galleri Landborg 2013-2018.